Race to the Guinness PRO12 Final – Round 21
April 26, 2017 / 3:58 pm / Site Editor
Leinster’s 37-24 win over Connacht Rugby coupled to Ospreys’ defeat to Cardiff Blues in Round 20 has secured a home Semi-Final for Leo Cullen’s side while Munster have also confirmed their place in the knock-out stages.
Munster and Scarlets are left competing for the final home berth in the Semi-Finals while Ulster Rugby, Ospreys and Glasgow Warriors are all vying to finish in the top four.
What teams need to qualify for Semi-Finals:
- Leinster: Home Semi-Final secured
- Munster: 2 points a Home Semi-Final
- Scarlets: 7 points for a Semi-Final
- Ospreys: 8 points for a Semi-Final
- Ulster: 10 points for a Semi-Final (due to Ospreys v Ulster in Round 21 only one of those teams can earn the points totals listed)
- Glasgow Warriors criteria: The Scottish outfit need the maximum 10 points from their final two games against Leinster and Edinburgh to stand any chance whatsoever of reaching the Semi-Finals whilst also relying on other results involving Scarlets, Ospreys and Ulster.
If two or more teams finish with the same number of Championship points, their placings will be determined by the following criteria in descending order:
- number of matches won
- the difference between points for and points against
- the number of tries scored
- the most points scored
- the difference between tries for and tries against
- the fewest number of suspensions
- the fewest number of yellow cards received
- toss of a coin
All Round 22 games take place simultaneously on Saturday, May 6, at 5.15pm.
It has been confirmed that Leinster Rugby’s home semi-final will take place at the RDS Arena on May 19 at 7.45pm with the opposition to be confirmed over the next two weekends.
The Guinness PRO12 Final takes place at Aviva Stadium on Saturday, May 27 (KO 6.15pm). Tickets are on sale from Ticketmaster.
|Team||Pts||Round 21||Round 22|
|1||Leinster||79||28/4: Glasgow (H)||Ulster (A)|
|2||Munster||76||29/4: Benetton (A)||Connacht (H)|
|3||Scarlets||67||29/4: Connacht (A)||Ospreys (H)|
|4||Ospreys||65||29/4: Ulster (H)||Scarlets (A)|
|5||Ulster||64||29/4: Ospreys (A)||Leinster (H)|
|6||Glasgow Warriors||57||28/4: Leinster (A)||Edinburgh (H)|
|7||Cardiff Blues||45||28/4: Zebre (H)||Dragons (A)|
|8||Connacht||44||29/4: Scarlets (H)||Munster (A)|
|9||Edinburgh||23||28/4: Dragons (H)||Glasgow (A)|
|10||Dragons||21||28/4: Edinburgh (A)||Cardiff Blues (H)|
|11||Benetton Rugby||19||29/4: Munster (H)||Zebre (A)|
|12||Zebre||18||28/4: Cardiff Blues (A)||Benetton (H)|