Railway Union RFC Coaching Vacancies
May 22, 2015 12:00 am client
Railway Union RFC is a progressive and welcoming club based in Sandymount, Dublin 4.
The club has had much success over the last three years, with over twenty trophies won across all teams in the club. The club will field four adult men’s sides and two adult women’s sides in 2015/16. The club has a number of coaching vacancies for the coming season to assist in the implementation of our plans and share in our success:
· Men’s 1st Team: Head Coach (Forwards specialist). The Men’s 1sts play in Leinster League Division 2A and are a young talented side with ambitions of promotion this season.
· Men’s 2nd Team: Head Coach / Assistant Coach (Forwards or Backs specialist). The Men’s 2nds play in Metro League Division 7 with games on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons.
· Women’s 2nd Team: Head Coach / Assistant Coach (Forwards or Backs specialist). The Women’s 2nds won Leinster League Division 2 last season and have a big squad with a number of players graduating from age-grade sides this season.
· Men’s Under 20s Team: Head Coach (Forwards or Backs specialist). The Men’s U20s team play in the JP Flanagan league. This may suit existing schools coaches who wish to develop their coaching at U20 level, in conjunction with their schools coaching role.
We are interested in ambitious coaches, who will achieve with us and who we can work with to further develop their coaching career. Experience is important – but attitude, energy and commitment is as important to us.
As a coach of the club, we can offer you:
· A focus on your coaching development and coaching goals, including regular development meetings, feedback on progression, attendance at IRFU/Leinster Branch coaching courses, and every assistance to allow you to reach your coaching potential. A number of our coaches in recent years have gone on to coach higher levels, including at Head Coach level in AIL Divisions 1 and 2.
· Top class training and playing facilities to work with, an unrivalled Player Welfare Programme (including club medic, club physiotherapist and Strength and Conditioning Coach), and modern training equipment (both rugby and rugby-conditioning specific).
· Talented, ambitious and enthusiastic players who are keen on developing themselves, their teams and their club.
· Evening matches, under our match standard floodlights.
· A strong club culture, with excellent off-field structures to ensure your coaching success.
· Talented and enthusiastic players who are keen on developing themselves, their teams and their club.
· A vibrant and regular social programme, including pre-season tour, in season events and end of season tour to the Kinsale 7s.
· Opportunities to engage in the local community and provide networking opportunities that may assist in work and/or business opportunities.
· A coaching pathway, giving further coaching opportunities as your career develops.
As well as experienced coaches, these positions may suit players who are currently playing at a high standard (AIL or otherwise) and would like to continue playing and adding on-the-field, whilst simultaneously beginning to develop their coaching career.
There are also some administative support roles, including team manager, across a number of teams in the club. Leadership, communication and organisational skills are important here, not necessarily detailed rugby experience, and it is an excellent opportunity to get involved in a rugby club, widen your social circle and contribute to your community.
Please send applications to Hon. Secretary Alan Horgan at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.