Rathdrum RFC Seek Senior Men’s Head Coach/Player Coach
June 21, 2018 3:09 pm Site Editor
Rathdrum RFC, a progressive club based at the Ivy Leaf Grounds in Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow, is seeking a Head Coach/Player Coach with prime responsibility for the Senior Men’s XV.
The successful candidate will work across the whole club by providing input into a strategic plan for the development and a supporting role for all players and coaches.
The senior men’s team play in the Metro League 4. Typically, home games are played on Sunday afternoon with the majority of away games on a Friday evening in the Dublin region. Training sessions are held twice a week at the Ivy Leaf Complex.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Rugby, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum World Rugby Level 2 qualification, with Level 3 desired.
- Have strong technical coaching skills with full knowledge of the IRFU LTPD & technical models and the ability to work one-on-one with players to improve core or position-specific skills.
- Have experience and a proven track record of achievement in developing players, including late beginners and players from other codes, to reach their potential.
- Have credible rugby knowledge, understanding and expertise gained from playing, coaching or through player management, as well as having an ability to coach and understand the game to a high level – strategically, tactically and technically.
- Be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels and have the competence to manage and motivate, develop relationships and, if required, manage conflict.
- Be able to plan, communicate, research and constantly evaluate current practice in order to achieve development throughout the club.
- Have experience in player monitoring and assessments, and the ability to track and develop players with clear, smart goals that are agreed (including developing and challenging with identified strategies to ensure continued improvements).
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to influence and recruit players.
As a coach of our club, we can offer you:
- Good training and playing facilities to work with and modern training equipment (both rugby and rugby-conditioning specific).
- Talented, ambitious and enthusiastic players who are keen on developing themselves, their teams and their club.
- A strong club culture, with excellent off-field structures to ensure your coaching success.
- A vibrant and regular social programme, including in season events and end of season tour.
- The opportunity to take the men’s team to the next level.
Rathdrum RFC are interested in ambitious coaches, who will achieve with the club and who the club can work with to further develop their coaching career. Experience is important – but attitude, energy and commitment are as important.
Please send applications to Sharon Fox at email@example.com by Monday, 9th July. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.