Rathdrum RFC seeking Club Community Rugby Officer
May 24, 2023 1:50 pm Daniel Kelly
Rathdrum RFC are inviting applications for the role of Club Community Rugby Officer (CCRO) for this season.
Rathdrum RFC is a well-established club in the south-east. The club has teams from U7 to U12 in minis and a range of youth’s team’s boys and girls up to U15, as well as a senior men’s side.
This post is part-funded by Leinster Rugby and is a part-time position of 20 hours per week commencing in September 2023. Under the guidance of an officer of Leinster Rugby, the CCRO will report to Minis/Youths at Rathdrum RFC and a Leinster Rugby CRO.
- To develop rugby programmes and foster a rugby playing culture in schools in the catchment area of Rathdrum RFC.
- To work in partnership with these primary and secondary schools to develop all aspects of the game, whilst promoting rugby in a positive, safe and healthy manner.
- To develop a relationship between the schools and Rathdrum RFC and help raise awareness of Rathdrum RFC with local children.
- To actively encourage the participation of secondary schools in the area.
The following skills and qualifications are among the criteria that will be taken into consideration:
- Knowledge of local rugby structure
- Ability to work well with people and have good communication skills
- Ability to facilitate, lead and motivate groups
- Good level of organisational and leadership skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Rugby coaching qualifications
- Experience of working with young people in a community environment
- Full clean driving license and access to own transport
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
To apply send in your CV with a cover letter before 5pm on Friday, 30 June, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org