Ratoath RFC seek Club Community Rugby Officer
May 10, 2022 2:43 pm Site Editor
Ratoath RFC are a well established club in south-east Meath and have teams from U-7 through to U-12 in minis, plus youth teams between U-13 and U-18.5, and a first XV competing in Leinster League Division 3.
The club have recently invested in significant facilities upgrade (new clubhouse and pitches).
This post is funded by Ratoath RFC and Leinster Rugby and is a minimum of 20 hours per week. Under the guidance of a full time officer of Leinster Rugby, the CCRO will report to the Director of Rugby of Ratoath RFC.
• To continue the development of rugby programmes and foster a rugby-playing culture in schools in the catchment area of Ratoath RFC
• To work in partnership with these schools at primary and especially secondary level to develop all aspects of the game, whilst promoting rugby in a positive, safe and healthy manner
• To further develop the relationship between the schools and Ratoath RFC and help raise awareness of children regarding their local club
• To actively encourage the participation of secondary schools in the area in schools development cups at Junior and Senior level as well as developing girls rugby in the schools
The following skills and qualifications are among the criteria that will be taken into consideration:
• Mini, Foundation or higher rugby coaching qualifications
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work well with people, be enthusiastic and committed, and have good communication skills
• Ability to facilitate, lead, motivate and inspire young people
• Good level of organizational and leadership skills
• Any relevant experience of working with young people in a community environment
• Access to own transport and full, clean driving licence
To apply send your CV with covering letter to:
Hon. Sec., Ratoath RFC
Phone: 089 602 1015