Register now for upcoming Senior Coach Award courses
July 28, 2020 3:22 pm Ryan Corry
Leinster Rugby will be delivering Senior Coach Award courses through August and September, focusing on the needs of players aged from 16 through to adult.
There will be three courses, held in The King’s Hospital, TU Dublin Blanchardstown and IT Carlow.
It is intended that delivery will initially be in a virtual format and followed up with a one-day course featuring a series of practical face to face workshops.
The course delivery will at all stages be compliant with government guidance on COVID-19 and, as a result, the schedule may necessitate changes to the planned delivery at short notice.
We will endeavour to deliver the course in full during this season. A declaration of health will be required along with Sport Ireland and World Rugby certificates.
- Coaches must be 18 years of age or older
- Coaches must have proven rugby playing/coaching experience
- Coaches must be actively coaching senior teams/youths teams (Under-16 to adult)
- Coaches must have a conversation with their local CPDO (Coach and Player Development Officer) to confirm suitability for this course
- Full course attendance and active participation in online and face-to-face modules (PLUS regional scrum, line-out and backline attack workshops – dates TBC)
- Complete World Rugby Laws test
- Complete World Rugby Concussion Management certificate
- Sport Ireland COVID-19 Course
- Within two years complete 1 of 3 optional assignments of either a practical coaching observation, reflective learning assignment or 360 review.
- Upload a personal mentor report form to the IRFU Gainline E-Learning platform
Sunday, 23 August – The King’s Hospital
Attendance of online modules prior to the Senior Coach Award course is required between 7-9pm on Wednesday 19 and Friday, 21 August.
Please note invite links will be emailed to participants on the Monday, 17 August.
Sunday, 6 September – TU Dublin, Blanchardstown
Attendance of online modules prior to the Senior Coach Award course is required between 7-9pm on Wednesday 2 and Friday, 4 September.
Please note invite links will be emailed to participants on the Monday, 31 August.
Sunday, 13 September – IT Carlow
Attendance of online modules prior to the Senior Coach Award course is required between 7-9pm on Wednesday 9 and Friday, 11 September.
Please note invite links will be emailed to participants on the Monday, 7 September.
COURSE FEE: €200