Replays are mostly about who learned most from the original fixture.

Roscrea were able to start the same fifteen whereas Newbridge brought in wing David Murphy and second row Austin Mahony to freshen it up after a grueling draw.
Newbridge began by switching the point of attack and choking up Roscrea’s Tim Carroll for a turnover. They were determined to play keep ball with Jimmy O’Brien the key to their game plan, though they lost Murphy to a first minute injury.  
A lovely tumbling kick from Carroll put Roscrea into the 22 for the first time. They came strongly into contact through Mattie Keane’s hard line and Dan Trayers power to earn a penalty, kicked by captain Tim Foley in the eighth minute. 
The tide of ball was flowing towards Newbridge. They dealt with it well enough for lock Brian Larkin to break from deep and put hooker Conor Johnson into space which he ate up in an unbelievable sprint for home to make it 5-3 in the eleventh minute.
Roscrea were more structured in their approach, hitting it up with their big runners, like lock Aaron Browne and Trayers, before spinning it to the three-quarters where Carroll was always lurking.
The ‘Bridge were quick to spot opportunities to disrupt, executing a second choke tackle on out-half Alan Tynan to relieve the pressure.
Then, they conceded the ball to a Roscrea choke and the influence of flanker Mattie Keane showed in his one-two with blindside Simon Meagher for a try, converted by Foley for 10-5 in the 20th minute.      
The pattern was following the previous encounter, Roscrea winning two penalties and taking position for their lineout to get into maul mode.
They were smooth in transition from air to ground and the steamrolling forwards powered over for Trayers to claim the try under a forest of bodies for 15-5 in the 23rd minute. 
Newbridge were far from cooked. Fly-half Tim Murphy worked a nice inside ball to wing Colm Stapleton, who was nabbed by Tynan for a scrum.
The omnipresent Trayers and Keane were up to their new tricks from front-foot ball. Meagher straightened the attack and the hands of hooker Eoghan Maher opened the door for Tynan to hold on for the supporting wing Joe Murphy to cross in the corner to make it 20-5 in the 28th minute.
Every time the Kildare boys got their hands on the ball they made profit and out-half Murphy got his forwards in on the act too before Jake Howlett was encouraged with a switchback ball and O’Brien exploited the space close to the ruck, the latter converting to take it back to 20-12 just past the half-hour.   
It would stay that way to the break.
Newbridge went straight back into fifth gear, O’Brien’s beautifully weighted kick taking them to within 10 metres. They had the benefit of the wind and they aimed to use it.
Roscrea were pinged for lifting early at a lineout. O’Brien sent up a rocket of a Garryowen, well taken in by Carroll. The wind took hold of Tynan’s clearance.
It was helter skelter as the wind whipped up and made handling a luxury. The pick-and-jam drew in a penalty for Roscrea as they struggled to escape their own half. They could not make progress.
Carroll chipped and chased. Newbridge full-back Mark Delaney showed strength to beat away Keane. Wing Colm Stapleton danced past one or two down the left. Trayers nearly got away from a scrum.   
It was all happening in bits and pieces. O’Brien came within inches of a killer ball. It went the wrong side of the flag.
Roscrea prop Liam Walsh got in on the poach. O’Brien found an outside break. Newbridge came back on the other side for flanker Tom O’Neill to slip inside the first man, but his try-scoring pass was deemed forward by referee Gary Conway.      
This gave Roscrea breathing room to launch from Foley’s penalty to touch. Carroll cleaned up a real mix up to make an unlikely 20 metres.  
Newbridge ruined two rucks with manic aggression, led by lock Larkin, and O’Brien engineered yardage. The backline got into motion, left wing Stapleton being bundled out of play by wing Daniel Keane. 
There was a sense that Newbridge were calling the shots, moving with menace for Howlett to thunder through from O’Brien’s inside ball, the latter converting to make it 20-19 in the 61st minute. 
Immediately, a Roscrea maul travelled with authority, Trayers breaking away to threaten the 22. The ball came left. The handling was not good enough to get the job done and Newbridge replacement Ruairi Cleary almost snatched an interception.
There was still the scrum. Carroll came late in the game for his pass to tip forward off wing Murphy’s fingers. The tension was unbearable.
The Roscrea forwards were making ground by the metre. They went off their feet. O’Brien went long from the penalty. Carroll came to the rescue yet again. Prop Walsh and Trayers made the hard yards and Foley knocked the ball into the 22 with 90 seconds on the clock.    
O’Brien was everywhere, doing everything he could to turn it around. It wasn’t quite enough as Newbridge went out on the attack, on their shield.


At Donnybrook – CISTERCIAN COLLEGE, ROSCREA 20 (D Trayers, M Keane, J Murphy try each; T Foley pen, con); NEWBRIDGE COLLEGE 19 (J O’Brien try, con; J Howlett, C Johnson try each).
Roscrea: T Carroll; D Keane, R Wharton, T Foley (capt), J Murphy; A Tynan, K Kavanagh; L Walsh, E Maher, D Murphy, F Wycherley, A Browne, S Meagher, M Keane, D Trayers.
Replacements: K Cahir for Browne 43 mins; B Diffley for M Keane 55 mins; P Gavin for Meagher 63 mins; S Kilgallen for Wharton 64 mins; P O’Shea for Murphy 69 mins.
Newbridge: M Delaney; D Murphy,  J Howlett, J O’Brien (capt), C Stapleton; T Murphy, C Doyle; J Duggan, C Johnson, D Breen, A Mahony, B Larkin, T O’Neill, R Buckley, P Ryan. 
Replacements: R Cleary for Murphy 1 min; M Joyce for Mahony 43 mins; R Culliton for Buckley 67 mins; D Culliton for Stapleton 68 mins.
Referee: G Conway, Leinster Branch.