The Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Tom D’Arcy Cup quarter-final match-ups were completed on Saturday.

Unfortunately, Edenderry had to concede a walkover to Athy and an outbreak of Covid scuppered Enniscorthy’s intentions, allowing Naas to progress to the last eight.

Tullow had their win over Skerries rubbed out due to a technical breach of the rules of the competition, while Tullamore had already gained a last-minute victory over Portlaoise the previous week.

County Carlow 17 Wicklow 27

Wicklow came from behind to move into the quarter-final at Oak Park.

Carlow had to cope with the loss of their full-back Jody Doyle-Hutton as early as the second minute, Cillian Moore moving from the centre to 15.

It also prompted the domino effect of switching Aaron Bolger to the centre from the back row and second row Diarmuid Long to the role of a loose-forward, a change in which he excelled.

This didn’t prevent them from moving ahead with a penalty from the boot of Brian Broderick and a try by Moore, converted by Broderick, for a 10-0 lead.

From there, Wicklow found their groove, second row Jake Law leading the revival, to register 20 unanswered points beginning with a try by full-back Conor Luddy for 10-5 at the break.

A penalty by out-half Tom Hodgkinson and a try by the same player put Wicklow in front for the first time.

Then, centre Darragh Ó Murchu broke from the halfway line for their third try, converted by Hodgkinson.

The game was back in the melting pot when Paddy Rogers broke through for Broderick’s incredible conversion from the touchline, into the wind, to make it 20-17 in the 59th minute.

The precarious nature of the one-score edge was solidified when Ó Murchu decided the outcome with his second try, converted by Hodgkinson.

It means Wicklow move on to a quarter-final meeting with Tullamore.

Gorey 7 Dundalk 40

Dundalk made the trip to the south-east worthwhile when outplaying Gorey at Clonattin.

The opening quarter was played out between the 22s, with neither side willing to concede territory or possession.

Dundalk were able to make better use of their chances, going in front from No 8 Peter Rice’s try, converted by Robert Malone, in the 18th minute.

Gorey half-backs Justin Lowe and Neil Byrne and captain Joel Shanks were doing their part in building pressure.

They just couldn’t make a breakthrough. It came back to haunt them when centre Luke Andrews-Walsh and wing James Carroll-O’Connor pounced for tries in the 30th and 34th minutes, respectively, the first converted by scrum-half Malone for 19-0 at the break.

The home club had to score next to harbour any hopes of rebounding and they did just that when Lowe’s evasion produced a try, converted by Byrne

It was then Dundalk knuckled down to finish far stronger, rifling through for tries by out-half Conall O’Callaghan, hooker Lawrence Jones and O’Callaghan again, who also converted all three.

Wexford 24 Longford 7

Wexford Wanderers made the most of a quick start to overpower Longford at Park Lane.

It didn’t take long for the home side to take the lead when out-half Connor Fahy burst through and converted for good measure.

Prop William Miller and full-back Aidan Kelly, from a 40-metre break, set Grant Palmer up for the second try to make it 12-0 in the 18th minute.

Miller and Kelly were back in the action again ahead of Luke O’Connor’s pass to give No 8 Palmer the opening for his second try, Fahy converting with ease for a 19-point advantage.

Then, Kaylem Codd was the architect of Palmer’s hat-trick from a surge, kick and gather, Fahy adding the extras for 24-0 at the interval.

Longford made a better fist of things, thereafter, stiffening up their defence, No 8 Eoin Murtagh, Dean Rogan and centre Cormac McDonagh coming to the fore.

They even had the gumption to attack well enough for Murtagh to touch down and for scrum-half John Boyle to convert in the 47th minute.

Wexford qualify for a quarter-final tilt at Dundalk.

Cill Dara 7 Mullingar 54

Mullingar put 10 tries past Cill Dara in an absolute gale at Silken Thomas Park.

Cill Dara were lacking in experience and missing a number of key players. The loss of centre William Doran in the early going did nothing for their chances at springing a surprise.

It all began with Eddie Glass’ burst in the 10th minute and fellow loose forward Max Ripley was on target for the second try in the 25th minute.

The killer shots arrived either side of half-time, centre Darragh McCormack and flanker Ripley delivering the blows with scrum-half Dan O’Connor converting the first for 22-0 in the 36th minute.

Centre McCormack popped up for his second before the home side was awarded a penalty try when Thomas McCullough was caught by a high tackle in the 44th minute.

The benefit of the wind and a boost in confidence from the try was met with stern resistance by Mullingar’s dominant defence.

Despite the fire of the McCullough brothers, Thomas and Ola at full-back, blindside Aidan O’Connor and prop Oisin Bannon, the visitors regained control at the set-piece.

Their openside Ross Ashmore ruled the lineout and was effective as a poacher, while out-half David Williams and the centres McCormack and Briody thrived with the front-foot ball provided by the pack.

They really hit their stride in the final quarter running in tries by full-back Shane Doran. Williams, Briody (2), for his hat-trick, and O’Connor.