Ireland claimed a second bonus-point win of the 2019 Rugby World Cup with a 35-0 victory over Russia on Thursday.

Rob Kearney scored Ireland’s fastest ever World Cup try with just 90 seconds gone at Kobe Misaki Stadium.

Johnny Sexton, who was captaining Ireland for the first time, converted the first of his three kicks at goal before being replaced by Jack Carty at half-time.

Peter O’Mahony got Ireland’s second after a clever grubber kick from Sexton.

Rhys Ruddock scored his first World Cup try just before half-time in a man of the match performance, and Sexton’s conversion extended Ireland’s lead to 21-0 at the break.

Ireland’s bonus-point try arrived after Russia’s Andrey Ostrikov was sin-binned for making contact with John Ryan’s head at a ruck.

A clever Jack Carty kick in behind the Russian defence was collected by Keith Earls who offloaded to Carty who sent Andrew Conway under the sticks.

Garry Ringrose added Ireland’s fifth try with five minutes remaining after Jordan Larmour combined with Earls down the left to complete the win and Ireland’s first-ever shutout at a World Cup.

Ireland: 15. Rob Kearney; 14. Andrew Conway, 13. Garry Ringrose, 12. Bundee Aki, 11. Keith Earls; 10. Johnny Sexton CAPTAIN, 9. Luke McGrath; 1. Dave Kilcoyne, 2. Niall Scannell, 3. John Ryan; 4. Tadhg Beirne, 5. Jean Kleyn; 6. Rhys Ruddock, 7. Peter O’Mahony, 8. Jordi Murphy. Replacements: 16. Sean Cronin, 17. Andrew Porter, 18. Tadhg Furlong, 19. Iain Henderson, 20. CJ Stander, 21. Conor Murray, 22. Jack Carty, 23. Jordan Larmour.

Russia: 15. Vasily Artemyev CAPTAIN; 14. German Davydov, 13. Igor Galinovskiy, 12. Kirill Golosnitskiy, 11. Denis Simplikevich; 10. Ramil Gaisin, 9. Dmitry Perov;
1. Andrei Polivalov, 2. Evgeny Matveev, 3. Kirill Gotovtsev; 4. Andrey Garbuzov, 5. Bogdan Fedotko; 6. Anton Sychev, 7. Tagir Gadzhiev, 8. Victor Gresev.
Replacements: 16. Stanislav Selskii, 17. Valery Morozov, 18. Vladimir Podrezov, 19. Andrey Ostrikov, 20. Evgeny Elgin, 21. Sergey Ianiushkin, 22. Roman Khodin, 23. Vladimir Ostroushko.

Referee: Jerome Garces [France].