Ireland captain Johnny Sexton has been ruled out with a hamstring strain sustained in training yesterday so James Ryan will now lead the side out.
Joey Carbery starts at out-half and is partnered by Jamison Gibson-Park at half-back. The centre partnership of Bundee Aki and Garry Ringrose continues in midfield.
The back three is made up of Hugo Keenan at full-back, with Mack Hansen and Andrew Conway on the wings.
Ryan is joined at lock by Tadhg Beirne while the back row sees Caelan Doris at six, Josh van der Flier at seven and Jack Conan at No 8.
Andrew Porter, Ronan Kelleher and Tadhg Furlong complete the front row.
Iain Henderson, Robbie Henshaw and Jack Carty are added to the replacements for this week joining Dan Sheehan, Cian Healy, Finlay Bealham, Peter O’Mahony and Conor Murray.
Ireland team v France (Saturday, 12 February, KO 4.45pm)
Player (Province/Club) Caps –
15. Hugo Keenan (Leinster/UCD) 17
14. Andrew Conway (Munster/Garryowen) 28
13. Garry Ringrose (Leinster/UCD) 38
12. Bundee Aki (Connacht/Galwegians) 34
11. Mack Hansen (Connacht) 1
10. Joey Carbery (Munster/Clontarf) 28
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (Leinster) 13
1. Andrew Porter (Leinster/UCD) 41
2. Rónan Kelleher (Leinster/Lansdowne) 17
3. Tadhg Furlong (Leinster/Clontarf) 53
4. Tadhg Beirne (Munster/Lansdowne) 26
5. James Ryan (Leinster/UCD) 41 CAPTAIN
6. Caelan Doris (Leinster/St Mary’s College) 13
7. Josh van der Flier (Leinster/UCD) 36
8. Jack Conan (Leinster/Old Belvedere) 23
16. Dan Sheehan (Leinster/Lansdowne) 3
17. Cian Healy (Leinster/Clontarf) 113
18. Finlay Bealham (Connacht/Buccaneers) 19
19. Iain Henderson (Ulster/Academy) 65
20. Peter O’Mahony (Munster/Cork Constitution) 80
21. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen) 93
22. Jack Carty (Buccaneers/Connacht) 10
23. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster/Buccaneers) 53