Leinster Rugby seeking coaches for Bank of Ireland Summer Camps
March 30, 2021 2:32 pm Site Editor
Leinster Rugby are inviting applications from coaches to run the 2021 Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Summer Camps and Inclusion Summer Camps.
Subject to a green light from Government and NPHET, these camps will run in a Covid-19 compliant manner in 29 venues across the province in July and August.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the delivery of the content of the Summer Camp programme to all allocated participants in a safe, fun and Covid-19 compliant way which promotes the objectives of the camps, while adhering to the Government Guidelines in place at the time of our camps.
Essential candidate requirements:
- Holds appropriate IRFU Coaching Stage 1 Qualification (Mini Level)
- Previous experience in working with rugby players aged 6-12 years
- Access to own transport and a full driver’s licence
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Committed, enthusiastic and motivated
- Agree to complete an online Covid-19 ‘Return to Sport’ Awareness course
- Complete a Covid-19 ‘Daily Health Check’ while coaching at a Leinster Rugby Camp
Desirable candidate requirements:
- Previous experience of coaching children with disabilities
- Completed a Disability Inclusion Training Course
Camps run Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 1pm. Inclusion Camps will run Tuesday to Thursday from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
The precise hours offered will be dependent on the camp’s requirements and the availability of the individual.
Salary is €300 per week (please note travel expenses are not reimbursed).
Of course with Level 5 restrictions still in place, there is uncertainty around the road ahead, however, Leinster Rugby is planning for a successful resumption of activity and camps taking place as we had during last summer in a Covid compliant, safe and fun manner.
All successful candidates will be updated on a regular basis regarding the camps and any changes.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday, 30 April.
Note: Successful applicants will be contacted via email by Leinster Rugby CRO Ray McCabe and invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process. If you have not heard back by Friday, 14 May, you have not been successful this time around.
Should you have any queries please contact Ray McCabe by email at email@example.com.