Six Leinster Players Start For Ireland v England
February 27, 2015 12:00 am client
The Ireland coaching staff has named the team that will take on England in the Round 3 6 Nations Championship clash at the Aviva Stadium on Sunday 1st March.
Jordi Murphy is the only change to the starting line-up that began the game against France. Paul O’Connell, who wins his 99th cap for Ireland will lead the side and is partnered in the second row by Devin Toner. The front-row is made up of Jack McGrath, Rory Best and Mike Ross. Murphy, who lines out at No.8, is joined in the backrow by Peter O’Mahony and Sean O’Brien.
The backline is unchanged with Conor Murray and Johnny Sexton paired at half-back and the combination of Robbie Henshaw and Jared Payne is retained in midfield. Rob Kearney wins his 60th cap and is joined in the back three by Tommy Bowe and Simon Zebo.
Eoin Reddan and Tommy O’Donnell are added to the replacements alongside Sean Cronin, Martin Moore, Cian Healy, Iain Henderson, Ian Madigan and Felix Jones.
IRELAND team to play England – Sunday 1st March, 2015
15. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14. Tommy Bowe (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
13. Jared Payne (Ulster)
12. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht)
11. Simon Zebo (Cork Con/Munster)
10. Johnny Sexton (Racing Metro)
9. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
1. Jack McGrath (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3. Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
4. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
5. Paul O’Connell (Young Munster/Munster) CAPTAIN
6. Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
7. Sean O’Brien (UCD/Leinster)
8. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
17. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
18. Martin Moore (Lansdowne/Leinster)
19. Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
20. Tommy O’Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster)
21. Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
22. Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster)
23. Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster)