Sub-Academy Fitness Coach, Connacht Rugby
February 23, 2015 12:00 am client
Connacht Rugby would like to invite applications for the position of Sub-Academy Fitness Coach.
Reporting to the Head of Fitness in Connacht Rugby, the purpose of this role is to provide specialist support in the area of physical conditioning to age grade and nominated development players.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Recognised degree or Higher National Diploma in Physical Education, Human Movement or Sports Science.
- A recognised Professional certification in strength and conditioning.
- A minimum of 3 years full-time experience in strength and conditioning.
- A verifiable record of programme design and delivery of physical development programmes for adolescent and adult rugby players.
- An understanding of training science and data management as these pertain to current strength and conditioning practices in high performance sport.
- Practical coaching experience across all the elements of high performance strength and conditioning.
- Effective time management and the proven ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent Computer literacy skills.
- An additional qualification in strength and conditioning related competence
- Experience in the effective use of strength and conditioning related technology
- Experience of working effectively across multiple venues
This position is being offered on a 2 year fixed-term contract basis. The successful candidate will be located in the Sportsground, Galway. For a full Job Description, please click here.
Please be aware that in order to apply for this position, you must currently be in possession of a valid EU Passport or have a permit to work in the EEA.
To apply, please send your CV by email to email@example.com or by post to Eoin Ward, HR Department, IRFU, 10/12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. The closing date for receipt of applications is strictly 14:00 on Friday, 27th February 2015. Interviews will take place in Galway on Thursday, 5th March 2015.
Connacht Rugby are an equal opportunities employer