Temple Carrig School seeking coaches for 2023/24 season
June 8, 2023 1:15 pm Daniel Kelly
Temple Carrig School is seeking to appoint new rugby coaches for the 2023/24 season. A backs coach for the JCT squad and an additional team coach are required.
The school are inviting applications from suitably-qualified persons with relevant coaching experience to join a relatively new, highly motivated and thriving rugby department to help drive rugby forward at the school. The positions will take effect from the August, 2023.
- IRFU coaching qualifications or a willingness to undertake
Key Responsibilities and abilities
- Have a strong technical and tactical knowledge of all aspects of the game.
- Be capable of leading large numbers of players.
- To have experience of working in a rugby school or club environment.
- To be adaptable and able to work collaboratively with other coaches, teachers and the head of rugby.
- Develop a winning culture with game plans and training strategies focused on getting the optimal results from players on match days.
- Plan, prepare and deliver coaching sessions for U14’s up to U19’s.
- Evaluate, analyse and reflect on all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players.
- Attend all coaching sessions and matches involved with the relevant school teams.
- Mentor and advise coaches and players within the club and deliver workshops when required.
- Lead the team culture, working with other team management to ensure the team is organised, disciplined and has a positive team spirit ensuring the team has pride in themselves, the school and their sponsors.
- Leadership and self-awareness
- Technical and tactical knowledge
- Player management
- Planning and communication skills
- Commitment, patience and enthusiasm
- Athletic Development experience
- Performance Analysis software experience
Applications, including a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Head of Rugby at the school Pete Beirne firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10am on Friday 16th June, 2023.
The school is an equal opportunities employer.