Temple Carrig School seeking new rugby coaches
June 2, 2022 11:32 am Lisa Doyle
Temple Carrig School are seeking to appoint new rugby coaches for the 2022/23 season.
The school are inviting applications from suitably-qualified persons with relevant coaching experience to join a relatively new, highly motivated and thriving rugby department to help drive rugby forward at the school.
The positions will take effect from August 2022.
- IRFU coaching qualifications
Key Responsibilities and abilities
- Have a strong technical and tactical knowledge of all aspects of the game
- Be capable of leading large numbers of players
- To have experience of working in a rugby school or club environment
- To be adaptable and able to work collaboratively with other coaches, teachers and the head of rugby
- Develop a winning culture with game plans and training strategies focused on getting the optimal results from players on match days
- Plan, prepare and deliver coaching sessions for U-14s up to U-19s
- Evaluate, analyse and reflect on all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players
- Attend all coaching sessions and matches involved with the relevant school teams
- Mentor and advise coaches and players within the club and deliver workshops when required
- Lead the team culture, working with other team management to ensure the team is organised, disciplined and has a positive team spirit ensuring the team has pride in themselves, the school and their sponsors
- Leadership and self-awareness
- Technical and tactical knowledge
- Player management
- Planning and communication skills
- Commitment, patience and enthusiasm
- Athletic development experience
- Performance analysis software experience
Applications, including a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to Director of Sport email@example.com no later than 10am on Friday, 10 June.
The school is an equal opportunities employer.