Terenure College RFC Seek Strength and Conditioning Coach…
July 1, 2014 12:00 am client
Terenure College RFC is seeking applicants for the role of Strength and Conditioning Coach for its senior teams.
This appointment will form an integral part of an already well-established rugby coaching structure. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within a progressive rugby environment and should be passionate about the development of athletes. They will also demonstrate the willingness and understanding to work effectively within a team of dynamic head rugby coaches.?
Roles and Responsibilities
· To advise and work with the Club’s Head Coach on the fitness and physical performance of players, and to ensure best practice in relation to player welfare, periodisation, injury prevention, rehabilitation and recovery.
· To further develop an existing rugby-specific, age-appropriate conditioning program that covers all areas of player fitness, including functional mechanics, speed, strength, power and agility.
· To deliver an appropriate conditioning program to player groups of a variety of ages and abilities in accordance with the principles of the IRFU LTPD.
· To design and manage a comprehensive functional assessment program, together with a player database for the continuous monitoring and recording of player progress.
· To be an integral part of the Senior Panel coaching team and to advise on all aspects of player fitness and physical performance.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
· SAQ Level 1
· IRFU CCC
· Recognized degree or higher diploma in Sports Science
· Irish Weightlifting Level 1
· Relevant experience as a conditioning coach
· Excellent communication and people management skills.
This is a part-time position of 15-20 hours per week.
Applications should be submitted by the 11th of July for the attention of:
1st XV Manager
Terenure College RFC