Terenure College RFC seek applicants for Club Manager role
July 29, 2020 11:38 am Site Editor
The Management Committee of Terenure College RFC is looking to appoint a Club Manager who will manage the day to day operations of the club.
The successful candidate will report directly to the club Chairman.
Terenure College RFC operates from its own grounds in Lakelands, Greenlea Grove, Dublin 6W.
They field six adult rugby teams, numerous mini and youth teams as well as girls rugby and the Tigers, the club’s inclusive rugby team.
The club has approximately 1000 members including Life, Pavilion, Playing and Mini Members.
The playing facilities are used by a number of other sporting organisations from the local community and the clubhouse and function room are used by many community and residents’ groups. All of this contributes to a busy and vibrant club environment in Lakelands.
The main duties of the Club Manager will include:
- Managing a seven-day bar which opens 7pm-10.30pm Monday to Friday and from 3pm at weekends
- Managing the product offering, staffing and profitability of the bar/events
- Managing functions including:
- 9 Home AIL Lunches (attendance 80-150 people).
- 4/5 Annual Dinners/Events (attendance 150 people).
- 3 Day, 16-team, Under-13 European Rugby Festival with marquee and large evening event with 400/500 attendees
(includes liaison with caterers, entertainment and managing all aspects of event set-up/clear-up)
- Managing rentals to regular tenants (currently numbering six in total)
- Managing and growing the number of functions, parties, fundraisers
- Marketing the club as a destination for functions, parties and fundraisers
- Liaison with the Finance/Accounts team on all matters relating to invoicing, payments, suppliers and other
- Liaison with Membership Team on membership/payments issues
- Liaison with the House and Grounds team on various projects
- Liaison with the Social Committee to organise club events and fundraisers
- All clubhouse maintenance matters
While the rugby season is the busiest time of the year, TCRFC is open all year round so this is a full-time position.
Office Hours are 9am-1pm but the nature of this role will require flexibility from the successful candidate, and they will be expected to manage their time in line with the requirements of the role.
Closing date is August 15, 2020.