Terms & Conditions
March 2023 – Updated
• Leinster Rugby may make changes to these Terms at any time. Any changes we make will be effective immediately when we post a revised version of these Terms on the Site. The “Last Updated” date above will tell you when these Terms were last revised. By continuing to use this Site after that date, you agree to the changes.
Season Ticket Payments
• Season ticket(s) payments must be made in full or using the payment plan options. Payments must be kept up to date to ensure entry to the home fixtures.
• Season Ticket(s) payments must be made with a credit/debit card and each Season Ticket will incur a Ticketmaster service charge subject to the Season Ticket category. Full details of the Ticketmaster service charge and ticket price breakdown are available on the Leinster Rugby website. Ticketmaster service charges are non-refundable.
• If you chose to use any of our optional payment plans, be assured that no other interest charges will apply.
• Using the 50/50 payment option, the first 50% of the total ticket price will be processed at time of renewal/purchase and then the remaining 50% balance will automatically be processed on 2nd August.
• Purchase during the renewals period and choose the Multi-Payments option, payments can be spread monthly until October 2023. If you renew/purchase in March or April your first payment of 20% will be automatically processed at time of purchase and all subsequent monthly payments will automatically be processed on the last working day of each month thereafter until October 2023. The multi payment will operate on a pro-rata basis based on your renewal date until October 2023.
• Leinster Rugby reserves the right to cancel or temporarily suspend your Season Ticket in the event of missed payments.
• Should a match be postponed or re-scheduled, the individual match ticket will be valid for the rescheduled date. No refunds will be provided for postponed/re-scheduled games.
• Please note that the fixture lists for the forthcoming season are yet to be finalised by tournament organisers.
• We would remind supporters that fixtures, kick-off times and locations are subject to change at all times and Leinster Rugby cannot be held responsible for any associated costs to fans in the event of an amendment.
• Leinster Rugby is not obliged to replace lost or stolen tickets however may do so subject to a charge.
• Should a match be postponed, the individual match ticket will be valid for the rescheduled date.
• Entry into the ground will be authorised on a match day only upon the presentation of a valid ticket/season card by each ticket holder seeking to gain entrance, regardless of age save that babies in arm under two years of age do not require a ticket to enter the stadium. Individuals who have been banned from attending matches by competent authorities or sports governing bodies in any jurisdiction, or who are considered as a security risk, are prohibited from entering or remaining in the ground.
• Due to health and safety, admission to the Anglesea Terrace is not permitted for persons under 16 years of age.
• Leinster Rugby reserves the right to refuse admittance to the ground or any part of the ground or to remove any person or persons from the ground or to redirect any person or persons to another part of the ground for reasons of public safety, overcrowding or otherwise.
• Leinster Rugby reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject any person whose conduct is deemed unbecoming.
• The stadium management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject any person who refuses to be searched by security personnel.
• If the ticket holder is refused admission or removed, no money shall be refunded.
• The instructions of the Management, Stewards and An Garda Síochána must be obeyed at all times, ticket holders must truthfully answer any question concerning a ticket from a Steward or member of the Management.
• Tickets may only be purchased from Leinster Rugby or officially authorised agents of Leinster Rugby. Any ticket obtained from any other source (for example, unauthorised intermediaries such as ticket brokers, internet auctions, internet ticket agents) will be rendered void, and all rights of entry into the Stadium will be nullified. Any person seeking to use such a ticket obtained through unauthorised sources will be refused entry into the Stadium, ejected from the Stadium and/or will have their ticket seized by the Management, in addition to other remedies available to the Management.
• Leinster Rugby shall in their sole discretion and in the event, Leinster Rugby will have no liability for any damages or loss whether consequential or otherwise save that Leinster Rugby will refund to the holder of a valid ticket the face value of their ticket.
• Leinster Rugby assumes no responsibility for accident or loss to any spectator. The ticket holder assumes all risk incidental to the game of rugby whether occurring prior to, during, or after the game including the danger of being injured by or in connection with thrown balls or loose flying balls and agrees that Leinster Rugby are not liable for any injuries sustained.
• Entry on the pitch prior to, during, and following a match is strictly forbidden.
• Children under the age of 16 may enter the stadium provided they are accompanied by an adult, who shall be 18 years or over and will control and supervise those children at all times. Supervisors of groups are responsible and accountable for all members of the group they accompany.
• Ticket holders are not permitted to exit and re-enter the grounds except in the case of an emergency. Patrons must inform a steward in order to ensure controlled and secure egress and access.
• A ticket/season card grants admission only to that designated location in the ground. All gates will open a minimum of 90 minutes before kick-off.
• Spectators are not permitted to bring alcohol into the ground and consumption of intoxicating liquors is permitted in authorised areas only.
• Smoking/Vaping is not permitted in any area of the grounds with a view of the pitch this includes any seating areas or on the terrace within the ground.
• Any form of religious, political or offensive advertising, banner, flag or slogan is strictly prohibited and may result in ejection from the stadium.
• Admission to the ground is subject to the conditions that any personal photograph or moving images taken of any team or any member of any team may be reproduced solely for the private use and may not be reproduced for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
• A CCTV system operates in all public areas in and surrounding the ground.
• A ticket / season card may not be used for promotional purposes.
• By entering the stadium, all persons acknowledge that photographic images and/or video recordings and/or stills taken from those video recordings may be taken of them and any images or videos you record of your time at the sporting event and publish, may be used by Leinster Rugby or the organising body or tournament organisers and/or partners for marketing or promotional purposes. Entry into the Stadium is confirmation that all persons have consented to such use of their image. You retain all ownership rights.
• Entrance to the ground shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions. Breach of these terms and conditions shall render the season ticket void and all rights conferred or evidence by it shall be nullified.
The Aviva Stadium is a “Designated Venue” for the purposes of the Sale of Tickets (Cultural, Entertainment, Recreational and Sporting Events) Act 2021 and all tickets are subject to the provisions and prohibitions set out therein. As a result, and for the avoidance of doubt, any match held in the Aviva Stadium is a “Relevant Event” as defined under the Act and the sale of a ticket for any such Relevant Event for a price exceeding the original sale price is prohibited save as exempted under section 16 (2) (b) of the Act which exemption shall apply to all Affiliated Clubs of the Irish Rugby Football Union.
The purchase and/or presentation of a ticket in order to gain access to Aviva Stadium (the “Stadium”) shall constitute unqualified acceptance of the IRFU’s ticket terms & conditions (including the Special Covid Provisions) which are published at http://www.irishrugby.ie/tickets/terms.php, which incorporate the following terms (the “Terms”).
A breach of the Terms shall render the ticket void and all rights conferred or evidenced by it shall be nullified. In the event of such a breach, the IRFU and the Stadium owner and their agents and servants (the “Management”), may refuse to admit such a ticket holder to the Stadium and may eject such a ticket holder from the Stadium even after admission or may direct a ticket holder to another part of the Stadium. A ticket holder who is refused admission, evicted or directed to another part of the Stadium in accordance with the Terms shall not be entitled to a refund.
Subject to any additional requirements set out in the Special Covid Provisions, entry into the Stadium will be authorised on a match day only upon the presentation of a valid ticket by each ticket holder seeking to gain entrance, regardless of age save that babies in arms under two years of age do not require a ticket to enter the stadium. However, no buggies will be allowed. The Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any minor unaccompanied by an adult. Individuals who have been banned from attending matches by competent authorities or sports governing bodies in any jurisdiction, or who are considered as a security risk, are prohibited from entering or remaining in the Stadium.
All ticket holders entering the Stadium must in any event comply with the Guidelines as referred to in the Special Covid Provisions and with the Ground Regulations of the Stadium which are published at https://www.avivastadium.ie/faqs-ground-rules
From time to time a second match may follow the main match for which the ticket has been purchased. While the ticket may entitle the ticket holder to attend the second match there shall be no entitlement to remain in the same seat or seating area and the Management may direct the ticket holder to another part of the Stadium.
The instructions of the Management, stewards and An Garda Síochána must be followed and obeyed at all times both generally and specifically in relation to Special Covid Provisions. Ticket holders must truthfully answer any question concerning a ticket from a steward or member of the Management and ticket holders agree to be searched by a member of An Garda Síochána. Under the advice of An Garda Síochána no bags (with the exception of small handbags) will be allowed into the stadium. Handbags will be subject to search.
Tickets may only be purchased from the IRFU or officially authorised agents of the IRFU. Any ticket obtained from any other source (for example, unauthorised intermediaries such as ticket brokers, internet auctions, internet ticket agents) will be rendered void, and all rights of entry into the Stadium will be nullified. Any person seeking to use such a ticket obtained through unauthorised sources will be refused entry into the Stadium, ejected from the Stadium and/or will have their ticket seized by the Management, in addition to other remedies available to the Management.
Upon request from the Management, ticket holders must explain how, from whom and where and for what consideration they obtained their tickets.
In particular, it is prohibited to sell, advertise or offer to sell this ticket to any person at a price in excess of its face value. Further, it is a breach of the Terms to advertise the sale of this ticket in any forum, including placing the ticket for auction on any online auction website. This ticket shall not be used as a prize in any lottery or competition or for any promotional or advertising purpose or otherwise as part of a corporate package or hospitality package unless expressly authorised in writing by the IRFU. Without the express consent of the IRFU, such ticket shall be rendered void, and all rights of entry into the Stadium will be nullified. Any such action may also result in legal proceedings against the ticket holder and/or the advertiser or on-line auction website.
If a ticket holder commits a trespass, reasonable force may be used to prevent, restrain or terminate any trespass. Unauthorised contact with the boundary wall surrounding the pitch, incursion on the pitch or climbing a floodlight or other pylon, stand or other building constitutes a trespass to property.
Should the match be postponed or abandoned, no entitlement to refund shall arise. If the match is subsequently played or replayed, this ticket shall be valid for the later date unless otherwise advised by IRFU. Ticket holders are therefore advised to retain their ticket.
Where a ticket holder is in breach of any of the Terms, or where the Management believes that a ticket holder constitutes a source of danger to others, or to the Stadium, such ticket holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the ground, and reasonable force may be used for that purpose.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the ticket holder (in his or her own name and on behalf of any minors using a ticket bought by him or her) accepts all risks and dangers which the ticket holder may face or endure while attending any match and waives any claims against the Management relating to such risks and dangers. The ticket holder (in his or her own name and on behalf of any minors using a ticket bought by him or her) accepts that there are risks to his or her personal safety or property loss on the way to or from and outside of or within the Stadium.
Nothing in this paragraph is intended to require a ticket holder to accept risks or dangers from, or waive rights to damages arising from, the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the Management. Nothing in this agreement will affect the statutory rights of any ticket holder or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence or improper conduct by the Management or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.