The Bank of Ireland Leinster School of Excellence returns…
December 19, 2014 12:00 am Richard Blake
The King’s Hospital will play host to the 17th Bank of Ireland Leinster School of Excellence programme which will be running for girls and boys aged 12-17 years across the months of July and August for a four week period…
The School of Excellence has a residential and non-residential programme which can cater for players around Ireland and abroad. The early bird price of €;275 for a non-residential camp and €;375 residential is open to everyone and is normally €;299 and €;399 respectively.
- 20th-24th July
- 27th-31st July
- 3rd-7th August
- 10th-14th August (Girl’s residential and non-residential also)
Why attend the Leinster School of Excellence camp?
- Top class coaching from professional rugby coaches who have played/coached at highest level.
- Coaches are highly motivated to be a part of the school of excellence.
- Live like a professional player.
- Planned video analysis reflecting work on pitch.
- Gym and flexibility work.
- Nutritional talk for the young player.
- Team building evening
- Weekly guest speaker
- Sports psychology presentation
- Structure of day – three 1.5 hour rugby sessions (10-11.30am, 12-1.30pm, 2.30-4pm).
- Compulsory swimming pool recovery daily.
- All meals provided – breakfast/lunch/dinner & supper.
- New menu approved by Leinster Rugby team nutritionist.
- Leinster Rugby academy players visit weekly.
Tom McKeown, School of Excellence Camp Manager added “The 2015 School of Excellence programme promises to be the best yet. We have taken on board the feedback of our players and set out to sustain our high standards of coaching along with a detailed, fun and valuable time off pitch. We feel the introduction of team building will ensure a closer bond between players and the sports psychology seminar will help players improve their mental approach to training as well as game preparation. We have reintroduced daily swimming pool recovery to ensure the players recuperate from the hectic on field sessions. The guest speakers will offer insight to performing at the top level of sport and the importance of marrying talent with a strong work ethic and attitude to improve. All in all we are offering the young player an opportunity to live and be coached like a pro rugby player for a week. The coaches and management are already excited to unearth the next professional rugby player through the School of Excellence”.
Book online today at: http://bit.ly/1EZo8EE or for more information visit: www.leinsterrugby.ie/soe.