Travel to Montpellier with Joe Walsh Tours
October 11, 2016 12:00 am client
Ahead of the trip to face Montpellier in the European Champions Cup on 23rd October, Leinster Rugby’s official travel partner, Joe Walsh Tours, has prepared some information to keep supporters entertained in the French city before they cheer on the boys in blue at Altrad Stadium.
Some top restaurants to try in Montpellier:
- Le Pat’Daniel’s: twist on the French cuisine
- Le Pré Vert: good prices and great food
- Gasoline Wine and Burger: the best burgers in town
Looking to save a little money? Try these:
- Le Comptoir: great food, cheap eats
- Bagel & U: great American cuisine for either breakfast or lunch; highly recommended!
- Pizza Sicilianas: Italian pizza at a great price
Bar / Nightlife Guide
- O’Carolan’s: official headquarters of the Leinster Supporters’ Club
- By Coss Bar: a great place to grab drinks at the beginning of the night
- Fitzpatricks Irish Pub: great for travelling sports fans, good drinks and good atmosphere
- Rockstore: vibrant music, fun crowd
- La Chistera: great selection of beers and wine, lively bar with locals and travellers
- Game Taverne: great drinks and great entertainment for a group of any size
Culture and Events
If you’re making your way to Montpellier earlier than the rest of us, immerse yourself in French culture on Friday. If you’re travelling on the Official Supporters’ Trip on Saturday there are a few things you could check out before you head out for dinner that evening.
Friday, 21st October
Mediterranean Film Festival: In Montpellier centre. Separate ticket purchase is required.
Zoufris Maracas: French Music at Zenith Club at 7:30pm
Saturday, 22nd October
Town Market at Place de la Comédie: Saturdays 9:00am – 4:00pm
Gourmet Tour of Montpellier: every Saturday starting at 9:30am, a guided walking tour of different gourmet spots around Montpellier
Montpellier by Segway Tour: until 6 pm on Saturdays. Tours last one hour.
Mediterranean Film Festival: in Montpellier centre. Separate ticket purchase is required.
Places to Discover
Plant Garden of Montpellier
The Peyrou: located in the Jardin de Peyrou park
The River Lez
Average temperatures around October – November in Montpellier are on the chillier side, ranging from a low of 10 degrees to a high of 20 degrees – so remember to pack your Leinster scarf, just in case!
Book your place on the Official Supporters Trip
Book now and treat yourself to the most comfortable, hassle-free supporter experience, flying direct into Montpellier airport and with transfers to one of the two superb hotels, located in the trendy Antigone area of Montpellier city centre, close to the city’s best restaurants and entertainment. On the day of the match, our transfers will take you directly to the match venue at Altrad Stadium.
Montpellier v Leinster Rugby
22 October | Overnight at the 4* Mercure Hotel, Montpellier | €; 424 + €;75 tax
22 October | Overnight at the 4* Crowne Plaza Hotel, Montpellier | €; 449 +€;75 tax
The official overnight supporters’ packages to Montpellier include:
- Direct return flights on a private charter flight, specifically allocated to the supporters of Leinster Rugby
- Return private coach transfers: airport to hotel, hotel to stadium and stadium to airport
- Quality overnight accommodation at the centrally located Crowne Plaza or Mercure Hotel
- Breakfast served at hotel
- All airline taxes and charges
- One standard piece of checked in luggage (15kg)
- Services of Joe Walsh Tours representatives throughout
- Full protection by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in Ireland (T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689)
For a perfect rugby weekend in Montpellier, book the official supporters’ package online on the Joe Walsh Tours website or call our rugby specialist Muiriosa on 01-2410800 or email email@example.com.
Please note that spaces are limited and we advise all supporters to book early to enjoy the perfect supporters’ weekend in Montpellier.