Tullow RFC are seeking applications for the role of CCRO
May 19, 2020 / 2:50 pm / Site Editor
Tullow RFC are inviting applications for the role of Club Community Rugby Officer (CCRO) for the upcoming season.
Tullow RFC is a well-established club in the south-east. The club has teams from Under-7 to Under-12 in minis and a range of girls and boys youths teams up to Under-18, as well as senior men’s and women’s sides.
This post is a part-time position of 30 hours per week commencing 1 September, 2020. Under the guidance of an officer of Leinster Rugby, the CCRO will report to the Director of Rugby at Tullow RFC and a Leinster Rugby CRO.
- To develop rugby programmes and foster a rugby playing culture in schools in the catchment area of Tullow RFC.
- To work in partnership with these primary and secondary schools to develop all aspects of the game, whilst promoting rugby in a positive, safe and healthy manner.
- To develop a relationship between the schools and Tullow RFC and help raise awareness of Tullow RFC with local children.
- To actively encourage the participation of secondary schools in the area in Schools Development Cups at Junior and Senior School level.
The following skills and qualifications are among the criteria that will be taken into consideration:
- Knowledge of local rugby structure.
- Ability to work well with people and have good communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate, lead and motivate groups.
- Good level of organisational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Rugby coaching qualifications.
- Experience of working with young people in a community environment.
- Full clean driving license and access to own transport.
To apply, send in your CV with a cover letter before 5pm on 22 May to Mary O’Neill, Tullow RFC Hon. Secretary, The Abbey, Tullow, Co. Carlow or email email@example.com.