Two weeks to go until School of Excellence kicks off!
July 2, 2018 / 4:51 pm / Lisa Doyle
The hugely popular Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby School of Excellence is set to sell out for the fourth year in a row with over 1,000 players booked to attend the residential and non-residential camps in Kings Hospital in two weeks’ time.
This year sees the camp celebrate 21 years of excellence as one of the most successful rugby camps in Ireland, with the aim of developing players and fine-tuning their skills.
There are only 25 non-residential places left on the boys’ camps, with limited residential and non-residential places remaining on the girls’ camp, which is run separately to the boys’ camp.
This year’s School of Excellence camps will have guest speakers each week from the Leinster Rugby coaching staff and, as part of this year’s girls’ camp, attendees will have access to view the Leinster Rugby Women’s team training camp and take part in a Q&A session with head coach Ben Armstrong.
To celebrate 21 years of excellence and Leinster Rugby’s double-winning season, this year’s camp goers will also get to see both the Champions Cup and the PRO14 trophies at all four weeks of the School of Excellence camps.
With two weeks to go until the School of Excellence gets underway, Stephen Maher, School of Excellence Co-ordinator, said: “I’ve been involved with the Leinster School of Excellence programme for almost 11 years. Each year, the programme gets bigger and better, and this year is no exception. With the Leinster senior coaches involved as guest speakers and both cups making an appearance, it shows where this camp sits in the Leinster Development pathway.
“We’ve seen players such as Tadhg Furlong and Eimear Corri all attend and progress through to the senior ranks at provincial and international level. We are very excited to get our 21st year underway.”
Why attend the Leinster Rugby School of Excellence?
- Top class coaching from professional coaches
- Sports psychology seminars for the young player
- Nutritional talks for the young player
- Daily swimming pool recovery sessions
- Daily video analysis feedback
- Weekly visits from current Leinster Rugby Academy players
- Weekly guest speakers from the Leinster Rugby Coaching staff
- See both the European Champions Cup and the PRO14 trophies
- Flexibility gym sessions
- Team building activities
- Make new friends with club and school players from across the province
- All meals provided – breakfast/lunch/dinner & supper
- Menu approved by Leinster Rugby team nutritionist
- Train and live like a professional player