VACANCY: REFEREE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
June 15, 2015 12:00 am client
The IRFU would like to invite applications for the position of Referee Development Officer. Based in the West/South-West of Ireland, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of referee development/coaching workshops across all pre elite levels, and performing additional duties as outlined below in the key responsibilities.
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Deliver schedule within agreed timeframe;
- Ability to deliver workshops at various levels;
- Ability to present and motivate group learning;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good organisational skills, with attention to detail;
- Thorough understanding of the laws of the game;
- Very good IT knowledge;
- Current or recent active referee experience to All Ireland League (or equivalent) level.
General areas of responsibility include:
IRFU Referee Workshops/Training
The Referee Development Officer will deliver workshops at a number of different levels listed below:
- Affiliate referee workshops.
- New recruits workshops.
- Trial Member workshops.
- General member workshops.
- Level 2 workshops.
- Level 3 workshops.
- Touch judging workshops.
- Work with the local referee association to identify and develop referees through the IRFU pathway system.
- Sit on the rugby committee of the referee association to ensure delivery of delivery of IRFU strategy.
- Work with the DRM, Provincial CRO’s, and local referee association to recruit referees.
- Carry out club visits as per recruitment policy.
- Database all new recruits and monitor development with the referee association.
- Other duties as may be outlined from time to time by the Referee Performance Manager in line with general department needs or specific projects.
This position is being offered on a full-time, fixed-term contract basis. To apply for this position, email your CV to Eoin Ward at email@example.com or post to Eoin Ward, HR Generalist, IRFU, 10/12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is strictly 13:00 on Friday, 26th June 2015. Interviews will take place in Dublin on Wednesday, 8th July 2015.
The IRFU is an equal opportunity employer.