Vacancy: Regional Athletic Performance Coach
September 6, 2016 12:00 am client
Leinster Rugby are inviting applications for the position of ‘Regional Athletic Performance Coach’.
The successful candidate will provide specialist support in the area of strength & conditioning (S&C) to the Sub-Academy (Club) talent identified players (TIP) and coordinate within the regions of Leinster to promote a high standard of delivery across these programmes.
The successful candidate will liaise and work with fitness and coaching staff on all S&C related issues within the Club TIP and with regional development staff.
The position is being offered on a 12-month fixed-term contract, part time basis. The successful candidate will need to complete 20 hours a week and will be based in Donnybrook, but will be travelling around the Leinster region on a weekly basis.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Linda Murphy, HR Generalist at email@example.com.
Please note the closing date for applications is strictly 13:00 on Wednesday 14th September 2016. Please note that interviews will take place the following week with an envisaged start date of 3rd October 2016.
For a full job description, see below.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
POSITION TITLE: Regional Athletic Performance Coach, LEINSTER SUB-ACADEMY
Operational: Head of Athletic Performance, Leinster
Operational: Academy Manager, Leinster
Functional: Lead Sub-Academy S&C Coach, Leinster
- A recognised qualification (degree/diploma) in the area of physical education, sports science or human movement.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Excellent knowledge and coaching skills in all areas of strength & conditioning
- Previous working experience in rugby union or related sport
- Excellent organisation, communication and team-working skills
- The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant research and demonstrable ability to review objective information to design an evidence based programme
- An additional qualification in strength and conditioning such as the UKSCA, NSCA, ASCA or equivalent
- A good knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Adaptable and flexible in working relationships
- Deliver the S&C programme to the Club TIP players
- Ensure alignment of Club TIP programme to the needs of the sub-academy, academy and senior team in Leinster
- Complete the required scheduled club visits as directed by the Sub-Academy Lead S&C Coach
- Establish effective working relationships with clubs and TIP players
- Be active in on-going professional development, including staying up-to-date with sports science research
- Meeting KPIs for player development
- Play a role in coordinating the regional centers
- Review and report on the delivery of S&C of key identified clubs (to be directed by Sub-Academy Lead S&C Coach monthly)
- This report should include a review of S&C programmes, facilities, nutrition practices and support, and load management recording/strategies
- Liaise with the Sub-Academy coaches to ensure the regional centers and development coaches are functioning to the required standards
- Play a role in the delivery of the summer programme
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required from this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required. The holder of this position is required to respond with a flexible approach when tasks arise which are not specifically covered in this job description.
Key Performance Indicators
- KPI’s to be agreed with Lead Sub Academy S&C Coach on commencement.
- Maintain effective relationships with staff within Leinster Rugby and the IRFU
- Carry out duties and responsibilities as mentioned above to an effective and efficient standard;
- Portray a competent and professional image of Leinster Rugby and the IRFU