Want to Become a Charity Partner of Leinster Rugby?
July 6, 2016 12:00 am Marcus Ó Buachalla
Last year, after a public tender process to find our two charity partners for the 2015/16 season, The Alzheimer Society of Ireland and Cardiac Risk in the Young were selected and have been brilliant partners of Leinster Rugby over the last season.
With the new season only around the corner, Leinster Rugby is inviting charities to get creative and to tell us why your charity could benefit from an association with Leinster Rugby.
However this season, having taken on board the opinions of key stakeholders including The Alzheimer Society of Ireland and Cardiac Risk in the Young, it has been decided that the partnership will for the first time extend to two seasons and will run from September 2016 until May 2018 inclusive.
In order to be considered, your charity must:-
- Be an Irish registered charity (please include registration number on cover letter).
- Have a Leinster focus.
- Be aligned to one or more of the following areas/causes: sport, health, youth, education, social inclusion.
- Have a team or an individual, within your operation, in place to handle the partnership.
- Understand Leinster Rugby, our teams and our supporters and the dynamics and the challenges of a sporting calendar.
Charities will not be considered if:-
- They are not a registered charity in Ireland.
- They do not operate or deliver some or all of their services in the 12 counties of Leinster.
- A potential partnership with Leinster Rugby over the next two seasons would overlap with a current or future partnership with another sporting organisation.
Applications should be sent by post and should include a one page cover letter, together with a two page A4 proposal, answering the following questions:-
- What does your charity do?
- What have you achieved in the last two years?
- What will an association with Leinster Rugby help you achieve in the next two that couldn’t be achieved without it?
- What is your one key event in the next 12 months and what does Leinster Rugby support look like?
- How will you measure the impact of the charity partnership? What does success look like to you?
- How will you ensure a sustainable legacy?
Please note that selection or otherwise in last season’s charity partnership tender process will have no bearing on this year’s process however previous successful charity partners of Leinster Rugby will not be considered for selection.
If selected here are just some of the benefits of being a charitable partner:-
- A launch event to announce the partnership supported by Leinster Rugby players and coaches
- Digital and social media support including Leinster TV
- Editorial space in the Leinster Rugby match day programme and the Irish Independent Friday supplement
- Match tickets to all home Leinster Rugby fixtures
- Signed Leinster Rugby merchandise for fundraising initiatives
- A schedule of rights, including the use of the Leinster Rugby logo on digital platforms and promotional material
- A match day take-over of one home Guinness PRO12 game
- A separate fundraising event or initiative to allow your charity to raise awareness
- A match day mascot slot in the Aviva Stadium to be used as the charity sees fit
- Support across all digital platforms including Leinster TV
Over the last season Leinster Rugby players helped support:
- Rugby Memories in support of The Alzheimer Society of Ireland
- Christmas Jumper Campaign in aid of Cardiac Risk in the Young
The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 20th July 2016 and they should be sent in confidence to:
Marcus Ó Buachalla, Communications Manager, Leinster Rugby, Newstead Building A, UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4.
The CSR Committee within Leinster Rugby, in consultation with players and management, will shortlist a number of charities and they will then be asked to present their ideas to the CSR Committee in early August.
Two charities will then be selected and the successful charities will be informed of this decision before the start of the 2016/17 season.
Best of luck!