Your Club Your Country Draw Results…
October 24, 2011 12:00 am client
The ‘Your Club Your Country’ draw, which was presented by Ulster Bank and took place earlier on Sunday, has been deemed a resounding success after 600,000 euro was generated in funds for eligible clubs throughout Ireland…
‘Your Club, Your Country’ was an IRFU fundraising mechanism for rugby clubs in Ireland where all eligible clubs were given the opportunity to sell tickets during the Rugby World Cup to participate in a grand draw.
The Your Club Your Country draw was designed to help clubs capitalise on the swell of interest in the game during the Rugby World Cup, the world’s third largest sporting event.
The prizes for the grand draw were supplied by the IRFU and its partners, so enabling rugby clubs to raise vital funds at no cost to the clubs themselves.
Commenting after the draw today in the Aviva Stadium, IRFU Commercial & Marketing Chairman Pat Fitzgerald said: ‘The response from the participating clubs has been outstanding and I would like to congratulate them all for making this fundraising initiative such a great success.
‘I am delighted with all the positive feedback from clubs all over the country. All of this would not have been possible without the support of the IRFU family of partners.
‘I would like to warmly thank O2, Volkswagen, Puma, Ulster Bank, Guinness and Paddy Power, who all contributed so generously to the fantastic list of prizes.’
Each participating club was given 1,000 tickets with a value of €;10 per ticket, with the club retaining 100% of the ticket sales money raised.
The ticket counterfoils for sold tickets were returned to the IRFU and included in the draw that was made today by IRFU Senior Vice President Billy Glynn in the Aviva Stadium.
The draw was streamed live on www.IrishRugby.ie under the supervision of an independent auditor from PwC, Paul Tuite.
The winners will be contacted in due course regarding their prize.
The winners are:
1. Tour with Ireland and O2 in New Zealand in 2012 (inc. flights and accommodation) – Winning Ticket: 147772; Sold By: Ratoath RFC
2. A brand new Volkswagen Polo – Winning Ticket: 034135; Sold By: Portlaoise RFC
3. VIP trip to Ireland’s two away RBS 6 Nations games in 2012 (inc. flights and accommodation) – Winning Ticket: 130678; Sold By: Guinness RFC
4. VIP trip for two to see Ireland play the Barbarians in the UK in June 2012 – Winning Ticket: 026577; Sold By: Swords RFC
5. 12-seater box plus full hospitality with The Hospitality Partnership for Ireland v Italy in the 2012 RBS 6 Nations – Winning Ticket: 015019; Sold By: Nenagh Ormond RFC
6. Guinness rugby house party for 25 people (inc. food and beverages) – Winning Ticket: 065791; Sold By: Stillorgan RFC
7. O2 Gold card VIP package for two to 10 concerts in the O2 in Dublin in 2012 – Winning Ticket: 002731; Sold By: Suttonians RFC
8. €;1000 worth of Puma gear ‘spending spree’ – Winning Ticket: 066779; Sold By: Carrick On Suir RFC
9. €;1000 Paddy Power rugby voucher in 2012 – Winning Ticket: 018956; Sold By: Seapoint RFC
10. VIP Package to Ireland rugby games at the Aviva Stadium in 2012 – Winning Ticket: 070910; Sold By: Barnhall RFC